Friday, June 26, 2009

Well, I sent 56 invitations to the entire Sloan77 mailing list. If you are reading this, you are among the first to respond. As you can see, it is easy to post something to the blog and you are encouraged to at least post a 'hello' and a recent photo of interest.

There is more to come. I have started to have a Sloan '77 web site put up by the Stanford GSB alumni webmaster. It will be up in a couple of weeks. The plan is to use the blog site (this one) to allow people to send in stuff to be put on the web. For example, Peter/Hector/Nat will soon provide an itinerary and schedule for the Mexico reunion which will be highlight of the web site.

What would be nice would be for us to get some volunteers to write up a description of each of our past reunions, including list of participants, schedule, highlights, etc. inlcude a couple of photos and send it to the blog site. Then the Sloan77 webmaster (as yet to be named) will keep the alumni association web site upt to date.

If you go to the GSB alumni web site you will see a link to 'class sites'. Go there and you will see that only one Sloan class currently has a web site (class of 2008). We should be able to beat that!!

5 comments:

Denis said...

I signed onto this to see what it's all about and the first thing I noticed is the term curmudgion-in-training. I suspect all of us curmudgeons of Sloan 77 are beyond traing and are full fledged.

Rob Roberson said...

Part of curmudgeonry is to disagree. Clearly I am in training cause I have some to learn from Denis

Lee Callaway said...

Rob, good show. Is suspect you will soon have a lot of the Lone Sloaners trucking onto the blog. Or logging onto the truck. Or whatever.

Denis is definitely an early adopter. He was the first (and so far the only) Sloaner to submit a Rebooter story on my website, www.rebootyou.com. Others could do the same (hint, hint.)

Lee

Lee Callaway said...

I learned to spell but never mastered typing.

Lee

nat said...

HELLO FROM NAT .-I AM TRYING TO SEE HOW I POST MY PICTURE